Electric Pressure cookers are so far one of the most effective cooking appliances which utilize your cooking time and provide you mouth-watering food results. Electric pressure cookers are the bliss of modern time. These pressure cookers use electricity to cook foods instead of other heating sources. Preparing food with water, or any other liquid, in a sealed container that is under pressure is called pressure cooking. Electric pressure cookers are used for making food faster than traditional pressure cooking methods. They also save time and energy. The benefit of electric pressure cookers is beyond description. However, for faster cooking, there are no alternatives other than electric pressure cookers.
Well, cooking under pressure is always joyful. If you know the appropriate way to cook under pressure, things will be easier for you. There are some electric pressure cooker tips by which you can bring comfort to your cooking time. Knowing the tips, you will find the easiest methods to mix things up with your best electric pressure cooker.
Features of Electric Pressure Cooker
Before discussing the electric pressure cooker tips, you may see the features of an electric pressure cooker so that you may rightly know how it functions and also know the advantages of this incredible cooking device.
The temperature of an Electric Pressure Cooker
You can cook food in higher humidity and higher temperatures in an electric pressure cooker which you can’t do in conventional boiling or steaming methods. In traditional cooking methods, conventional pressure cookers are a common cooking container, which is non-pressurized. Any amount of heat supplied to the container will not increase the temperature. The process only results in evaporation of water, and that is why conventional cooker spends a large quantity of fuel.
But in an electric pressure cooker, the temperature of water increases to an optimal level due to the pressure of 15 psi, which is above atmospheric pressure. Water can reach a temperature of up to 121 °C and the pressure is created by boiling food with liquid inside the sealed electric pressure cooker. The nature of this pressure cooker is to trap the steam inside and after cooking pressure can be slowly released to open the vessel safely. Thus, the foods are cooked quickly, and also 70% of the fuel energy is saved.
Unlike conventional stove top cookers, electric pressure cookers are sleek, state-of-the-art, and re-engineered. The electric pressure cookers are silent cookers and also user-friendly. They have improved valve systems and impressive features which make them easy to use, and they are available with clearly visible pressure indicators and well-written instruction manuals.
Electric Pressure Cookers vs. Traditional
When you use a traditional pressure cooker, you have to keep observing the cooker to make the best timing to release the pressure. Nowadays, the best electric pressure cooker contains an automated release system. Though the electric pressure cooker superheated steam power to cook the food, the foods are not overcooked. Hence, steaming is always better than boiling cause boiling destroys most of the flavors from the food.
Electric Pressure Cookers are Healthy
Cooking with an electric pressure cooker is healthy. The built-in steam inside the pressure cooker drains away from the fat. The super-heated steam increases the natural flavors and also intensifies the taste of the cooked food. Electric pressure cookers are something you can consider with no doubt.
Electric Pressure Cooker Tips
The pressure cookers at present are much safer than the pressure cookers in the recent pasts. They have improved a lot and now equipped with some extraordinary features which will help you to cook a lot easier. As an example, they have safety valves that release pressure at the exact time. The lids of the pressure cookers get locked when the pressure inside is built. It will remain lock till the pressure release.
- So finally, we are into our most important discussion. Here are some tips and tricks to get the best from your Electric Pressure Cooker.
- Try to keep the plug connection stable because you might get clogged while cooking. It can hamper your food condition or quality of foods.
- Always keep your vent pipe clean. If it is blocked, the pressure may rise to an unsafe level. You can use a toothpick to clean it
- Never force to open the lid while it is locked. The lids are only locked during the pressure build-up. It automatically gets unlocked when the pressure releases.
- You ought not to try cooking some of the foods in an electric pressure cooker, such as cereals and oatmeal, split peas cranberries, pasta, rice, rhubarb, applesauce, pearl barley, or dried soup mixes. Such sort of food items tends to get foamy and can block the pressure release.
- Be sure to replace the damaged gasket otherwise it allows steam escaping. If the gasket is sticky, then replace a new one and seal it properly so that the steam cannot escape. If the steam escapes, the pressure inside will not build, and your food will remain uncooked.
- Do not try adding ingredients in the middle of the cooking; it may spoil your food taste.
Well, looking forward to your best electric pressure cooker won’t be wrong. The cooker will do the cooking tasks itself. Just you need to operate it perfectly. The electric pressure cookers are handy to use, and their great features make things simpler for you. Electric pressure cookers are considered to be the smartest way to handle food stuff.
Finally, this will ensure you are getting the best results for your meals and that you are using your pressure cooker safely. Follow these electric pressure cooker tips to get quality foods. Know how it works and also try to comply with the electric pressure cooker tips and tricks to result in the best.
- Best Electric Pressure Cooker
- 7 safety features of modern pressure cookers
- Quick and Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Starting off with your pressure cooker
- 7 Reasons to Use a Pressure Cooker