Slow cookers are quite similar to pressure cookers. The difference between a pressure cooker and the slow cooker is; a slow cooker cooks food for a long period of, time and a pressure cooker cookers cook food instantly by the pressure produced. Howsoever, as a busy man, you will have to think out what you are going to have for dinner. In some cases, you may be working late, or making dinner every evening might be impossible. If you don’t have enough time to cook, you can try slow cooking meals and freeze them over the weekend. In this article, I am sharing some meals you can cook in a slow cooker.
Meals you can cook in a slow cooker
Preparation usually takes less than an hour. Besides, you can do other tasks while the meal is cooking. The good thing about making these meals are; they can be frozen and used even after a week or two after cooking. If you do not have an idea where to start, the following are the meals you can cook in a slow cooker and freeze.
Let’s look forward to the meals you can cook in a slow cooker.
Cuban Ropa Vieja
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- White sugar, olive oil, and vegetable oil (1 Tbsp)
- Tomato paste (6 ounces), green bell pepper (sliced into strips),
- Small onion sliced
- Canned tomato sauce (8 ounces) and cup beef broth
- Garlic Cloves chopped and pounds beef flank steak
Heat the vegetable oil to medium temperature in a large skillet. Brown the flanks on each side and put the beef in the slow cooker. Pour the tomato paste and add the beef broth, then add all other ingredients. Stir until it blends well, covers the lid, and cook it for 4 hours on high heat. You can serve it with rice.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Turkey Chili
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, olive oil, and pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can season black beans (15 ounces),
- Canned chili beans (15 ounces), can dice tomatoes (28 ounces), chopped pound ground turkey, and onions.
- 2 cups cubed fresh pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
At first, heat the olive oil in a wide soup pot over medium heat. Fry turkey for 10 minutes or until it gets brown. Now put the turkey in the slow cooker and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir it well until it mixes properly. Set cooker to lower heat and cover the lid and cook for three hours. Your food will be ready.
Slow cooker cranberry pork
- 1/3 cup fresh salad dressing
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- Sliced onion and
- Canned cranberry sauce (16 ounces)
Heat the oil. Then mix onion, salad dressing, and cranberry sauce in a medium bowl to make a mixture. Place 3-pound pork in the slow cooker and add the mixture. Stir them well. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Texas-style baked beans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder and garlic powder
- One cup barbecue sauce, small Vidalia onion (chopped and peeled),
- Canned chopped green chile peppers (4 ounces) and pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons of hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco to taste
- 4 cans baked beans with pork (16 ounces)
Firstly, heat some butter oil in a skillet and then brown the ground beef over medium heat. Put it in a bowl after draining the oil. In a large bowl of at least 3 and 1/2 quart, mix the barbecue sauce, green chiles, onion, baked beans, and ground beef. Season this with hot pepper sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, and brown sugar. Cook it on low for 4 to 5 hours, or high for 2 hours. Your delicious dish will be ready.
Slow cooker chicken Marrakesh
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- One teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin and ground turmeric, salt, and dried parsley
- 1 onion sliced, can diced tomatoes (4.5 ounces), and can garbanzo beans (15 ounces drained and rinsed)
- 2-pounds of skinless, and boneless chicken breast halves(cut in 2 pieces)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, (diced and peeled)
- 2 large carrots, (diced and peeled) and garlic cloves minced
At first mix the salt, parsley, black pepper, cinnamon, turmeric, and cumin, and sprinkle over the vegetables and chicken in a bowl. Then place the chicken breast pieces, garbanzo beans, sweet potatoes, carrots, garlic, and onion into a slow cooker. Add the mixture and pour in the tomatoes and stir it well. Cover the slow cooker and set to high and cook for 5 hours.
Slow Cooker Beef with Root Vegetables
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 3-pound chuck roast
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, mustard powder, garlic powder
At first put the potatoes, carrots, turnip, and rutabaga in the slow cooker. Season the beef slices with salt and black pepper. Rub flour all over beef. Brown the beef in the butter oil. Whisk tomato sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, mustard powder, and garlic powder together. Pour the mixture over beef. Cover the lid and cook it on low heat for 12 hours or on high for 8 hours.
Wrapping It Up
Well, these are the meals you can cook in a slow cooker. You can prepare all these recipes in less than an hour. This means that if you plan on doing most of your tasks over the weekend, you can pinch in cooking one or more of these meals. The benefit of having several slow-cooked frosted meals is that you can have a meal ready in less than fifteen minutes. Just you need to take it out of the refrigerator and warm it. This can be very helpful when you work late, and you have family members to feed.
You can find all the mentioned ingredients in any grocery near your location. The preparation and cooking procedures are simple, and you do not have to be a professional cooker to cook them. You can easily serve all the above recipes among 12 adults according to the portions. Try these meals today I promise you will get the benefit of having a slow cooker.
Relevant Search Term:
- Cooking seafood in a slow cooker
- How to cook seafood in a slow cooker
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice